So when you are in London one of the things you have to do is to go and see a musical! It’s a must..really! They are spectacular! I was one of these people who wasn’t sure if I would like them but then I went to see the Lion King and now I can’t wait to go and see more of these amazing productions!
Here are 10 of the most popular West End Musicals:
- The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre
- The Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty’s Theatre
- Wicked at the Apollo Victoria
- Mamma Mia! at the Novello Theatre
- Thriller – Live at the Lyric Theatre
- Billy Elliot: The Musical at the Victoria Palace Theatre
- Les Misérables at the Queen’s Theatre
- The Book of Mormon at the Prince of Wales Theatre
- The Commitments at the Palace Theatre
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane
The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre
I went to see the Lion King last year and it was spectacular! The costumes, choreography, set design and singing and acting by the talented cast were amazing! I can not imagine the amount of time and work it requires to make a show like that! Its suitable for young or old. Possibly the best West End Show and therefore definitely worth going to!
We paid around £70 for our tickets in the Royal Circle, which is quite cheap I think. The downside with the Royal Circle is however that you are further away from the stage and there is less interaction with the animals ( not real ones!- I got excited too). Row A should be avoided for children and smaller people due to the safety rail. The last three rows are under the overhang of the Grand Circle which is why they are reduced in price.
Using this link you can see what the view would be like that from the row and seat you choose:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane
Recently I also went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and it really got me thinking about my childhood! Its yet another beautiful production with talented actors and an impressive set stage!
We again sat in the Royal Circle and the tickets were between £40-50.