About two weeks ago my friends and I went to an outdoor cinema in Ravenscourt Park in London. I booked the tickets via TimeOut London and only paid about £6 for them. I never went to one of these Pop Up Screens before so was not completely sure what to pack but now from experience I can tell you..
- Blanket, because it will get cold…
- Sandwiches, sweets and drinks. We went to a Pizza Hut and just ordered pizza to eat during the film but homemade sandwiches are also good 😛
- Pillows?! Yes some people even brought small pillows so they could lie on their back with their head supported and enjoy the movie.
- Picnic Rug
- Cards? We had to wait for the sun to set to watch the movie and arrived early so you could also play cards while waiting
- An umbrella just in case! We are in London after all…
We watched Good Will Hunting and I absolutely loved that movie!! There is so much meaning behind the movie and lessons about comfort zones!
My favourites quotes from the movie are:
“You’ll never have that kind of relationship in a world where you’re afraid to take the first step because all you see is every negative thing 10 miles down the road.”
If you haven’t seen the movie yet, go and see it NOW! The movie stars Matt Damon, who also wrote the screenplay for the movie ( what a genius!) as a maths genius janitor, whose talents are discovered by Professor Gerald Lambeau (Stellan Skarsgard), who decides to help the misguided youth reach his full potential. He also receives help from a psychologist (Robin Williams) to find direction in his life. Ben Affleck and his brother Casey Affleck play Matt Damon’s friends.
So yes if you get the opportunity to go to one of these outdoor screenings when you are in London go and check them out!
There are still some outdoor screenings left if you are interested: